Types of personal data collected
UserVoice collects personal data from individuals in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and Switzerland who visit our public and customer-facing web [and mobile] sites ("EEA Website Visitors") or use services provided via the UserVoice websites (collectively, the “Services”), and individual representatives of our corporate customers, suppliers and business partners in the EEA and Switzerland ("EEA Business Contacts"). We also supplement the data with data collected from third parties (including other companies).
From EEA Website Visitors, UserVoice may collect the following types of personal data:
- contact information, including your name, email address, billing address and company information (“Contact Information”);
- financial and billing information;
- activities, interactions, preferences, transactional information and other computer and connection information (such as IP address) relating to use of our websites and our Services;
- log files, information collected by cookies and similar technologies about the pages viewed, links clicked and other actions taken when accessing our websites;
- other information about your interactions with the UserVoice website and Services, including profile information, aggregate user data, browser type and software and hardware attributes;
- photos, social media profile, areas of expertise and any other information visitors choose to provide when accessing the Services;
- feedback and reviews, or requests for support;
- event registrations and preferences;
- resume and applicant information for those applying to job openings; and
- other personal data provided by the EEA Website Vistor.
From EEA Business Contacts, UserVoice may collect the following types of personal data:
- Contact Information;
- financial and billing information;
- security authorization and authentication information;
- usage data; and
- other personal data provided by the EEA Business Contact.
Purposes of collection and use
UserVoice collects and uses personal data of EEA Website Visitors and EEA Business Contacts for the purposes of:
- providing information about our Services;
- personalizing visitors’ experience on our websites;
- providing products, Services, custom content and support to our customers and enhancing customers’ user experience;
- communicating with customers and with corporate business partners;
- conducting related tasks for legitimate business purposes;
- aggregating data;
- improving products and Services;
- complying with laws and regulations;
- managing, administering and securing UserVoice’s website and promotional activities;
- sending promotional information and updates regarding UserVoice; and
- other purposes disclosed at the time of collection.
Commitment to subject to the Principles
We are subject to the Principles all European and Swiss personal data that we receive from individuals or companies in the EEA and Switzerland in reliance on the Privacy Shield. We also receive some data in reliance on other compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
Type of third parties to which we disclose personal data and purposes
UserVoice may share personal data we collect from individuals or companies in the EEA and Switzerland with the following types of third parties and for the following purposes:
- subsidiaries, affiliates and contractors, who process personal data on behalf of UserVoice to provide the Services;
- channel partners, such as distributors and resellers, to fulfill product and information requests, and to provide customers and prospective customers with information about UserVoice and its products and services;
- other third party service providers contracted to provide services on our behalf;
- partner, sponsors or other third parties with whom UserVoice jointly offers webinars, white paper downloads or other related services; and
- other corporate entities if UserVoice goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
Right to access
234 Fayetteville St, 3rd Floor
Raleigh, NC 27601
Choices and means
If you are an EEA Website Visitor or EEA Business Contact, if at any time after registering for information, your personal data changes, you change your mind about receiving information from us, wish to cancel your account or request that UserVoice no longer use your information to provide you services, contact us via the contact information in the “Right to Access” section above. You may choose to unsubscribe from our marketing communications by following the instructions or unsubscribe mechanism in the message you received. We will retain and use your information for as long as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Independent dispute resolution body
If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland and we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve your question or complaint regarding our privacy practices, you may raise your concern to the attention of your data protection authorities (“DPAs”). The DPAs will establish a panel to investigate and resolve complaints brought under the Privacy Shield and UserVoice will cooperate with this panel. Furthermore, UserVoice will comply with the advice given by data protection authorities and take necessary steps to remediate any non-compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
Investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC
UserVoice is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. UserVoice also is committed to cooperating with EEA and Swiss data protection authorities.
If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland and have exhausted all other means to resolve your concern regarding a potential violation of UserVoice’s obligations under the Privacy Shield Principles, you may seek resolution via binding arbitration. For additional information about the arbitration process please visit the Privacy Shield website.
Requirement to disclose
UserVoice may disclose personal data in special cases when we have a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (b) protect and defend our rights or property; (c) enforce the website Terms and Conditions; or (d) act to protect the interests of our users or others.
If a third party service provider providing services on UserVoice’s behalf processes personal data from the EEA and Switzerland in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Principles, UserVoice will be liable unless we can prove that we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damages.