UserVoice is looking for someone to lead the evolution and growth of our application infrastructure. We are currently migrating our application from a bare metal into a cloud environment. You will assist in the migration, and then work with the team to set and execute continuous improvement strategies. This is at first a hands-on position, and as we grow the duties will shift more toward enablement, coaching, and oversight.
Engineering At UserVoice
UserVoice is an agile engineering organization in which every member of the team works to find continuous improvement in delivering our work. Our culture is one in which we support one another to achieve outcomes. We have no need for red tape, only a pragmatic approach to delivering software that fulfills the goals of the organization.
Our stack is currently a mix of Ruby on Rails, Go, Angular, MySQL, Docker, and a variety of supporting libraries and technologies. Not familiar with a few of these technologies? No problem - we aim to hire the flexible, not the hired gun.
- Responsibility for our infrastructure architecture as a whole
- Directing a small team of engineers to meet infrastructure reliability, performance, and cost goals
- Coordinating response to alerts and incident management for infrastructure-related issues
- Iterating and improving on our monitoring strategy, security, and compliance
- Retention, Hiring, and Career Growth of the Systems Engineering team
- Working with the application engineering team to provide release and diagnostic tooling
- Designing, building, maintaining, and evolving infrastructure for SaaS applications
- Environments that support containerized software architectures (Docker)
- Cloud hosting environments like AWS, GCP, and/or Azure
- Maintenance, Configuration, and Tuning of significant data stores (MySQL)
- Manual and automated orchestration and provisioning systems (Terraform, CloudFront, Nomad, Kubernetes and the like)
- Team Management, including mentoring of junior team members
Working At UserVoice
In addition to a competitive salary, UserVoice provides its employees with:
- Paid medical and dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- A comfortable office with standing desks, drinks, snacks, video games, company outings, etc.
- A great work-life balance
UserVoice does not discriminate in its hiring. You be you, and we’ll help each other grow.
E-mail us a resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile. Also include a cover letter letting us know why you’d be a good fit for this particular position. Any other information that lets us learn about your skill would be helpful, like a GitHub link or Stack Overflow profile, but if you don’t have a strong public presence there, don’t let that stop you from applying. We look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates presented through recruiters will not be considered.
UserVoice is not able to sponsor visas at this time.