Our mission is to empower every business with actionable, customer-centric communication.
The expectations of the modern consumer are increasing. When we consider a product or service: reliability, usability, and functionality are table stakes. Consumers expect products and services to adapt and evolve with their needs. Modern product organizations are therefore responsible for articulating and validating these needs ahead of time.
The UserVoice Platform engages your customers early in the discovery process via seamless feedback loops. We help identify which customers are most interested in, and suited for, validating potential shifts in your product strategy. We then measure the impact of a possible need across your entire customer base.
As needs evolve, UserVoice empowers your team to stay on top of, and effectively answer the “why” well ahead of feature implementation. We believe in engaging in structured customer dialog to validate your direction earlier in the process.
We’re looking for new talent to bring UserVoice to the next level. We’re actively exploring ways of automatically discerning what your existing customers desire, and how to more effectively close product gaps on what prospective customers want.
UserVoice is looking for a seasoned product designer to join our team in downtown Raleigh, NC. As a product designer at UserVoice, you will work closely with product managers, other designers, and engineers to deliver solutions for our B2B customers and consumers of their products.
A successful candidate is a proactive communicator and collaborator with cross-functional teams, executes in a fast-paced environment, embraces constraints (while helping us challenge assumptions), and is able to design elegant solutions to a wide variety of problems for a global audience across platforms. You enjoy leading and mentoring other product designers in the spirit of helping to cultivate a world class product design team. You’re confident in your software design abilities but also flexible enough to make necessary adjustments based on market feedback, usage metrics, and the natural bumps inherent to an agile software development process.
- Design highly usable and delightful user interfaces, experiences, and visuals week in and week out as part of a software product team; owning both UX and visual design responsibilities.
- Contribute to and help maintain our evolving design system and methodology with new ideas, best practices, and other learnings from various user experience groups and resources.
- Partner with software product development teams to build enjoyable experiences; review designs with product managers and developers to spot difficulties, review new features as they are built to spot implementation gaps and identify future UX improvements.
- Continually refine and improve user-centered software designs based on product goals, customer feedback, product metrics, and user research results.
- Develop and maintain mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps, and other design documents.
- Present software design work to large audiences at all levels within the company and lead constructive design review discussions
- Mentor other product designers on the team and take ownership of high level, team-wide product design initiatives
- Experience designing effective, simple yet elegant software interfaces for business user workflows
- Experience running design usability studies and validating your software designs via user research
- Self-motivated, directed, and independent - able to make daily progress in the face of ambiguity and multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator with product managers and engineers
- 5+ years of (post education) related UX and visual design experience designing end-to-end software products that have shipped across multiple platforms (Web, Android, iOS, emails)
- Strong online portfolio demonstrating your software design experience, breadth and ambitions
- Works well with others
- Comfortable and able to jump in, contribute to, extend, and respectfully challenge existing design patterns
- Proactive communicator
- Enjoys explaining the reasons behind their design decisions, and is open and able to incorporate feedback into their work
- Can see connections across projects and recognize when to bring together different teams
- Iterative and flexible
- Can create quick, throwaway wireframes/mockups to test and convey ideas
- Fall in love with the problem, strong opinions held loosely
- Will roll their sleeves up
- Pays attention to detail (at appropriate times), and is able to plan for multiple states and edge cases for how people will interact with their designs.
- Always seeks clarity
What We Offer
- Fun, creative and collaborative work environment
- Competitive pay and equity/stock options
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account & Health Savings Account
- Commuter benefits
- PTO benefits
- Regular company outings and events
- Dog friendly office