UserVoice is building its QA team, and is looking for leader of the team in Raleigh, NC. You’ll help define a QA process that incorporates into our Agile engineering teams and be a hands-on participant in its continuous improvement. As we grow the team, you’ll coach junior members to help them level up in their careers.
QA in an agile environment on a SaaS application presents some challenges that break from historical QA in IT. We hope you embrace challenges like this head-on, and will experiment and innovate to implement ever more effective strategies to improve our quality.
Engineering At UserVoice
UserVoice is an agile engineering organization in which every member of the team works to find continuous improvement in delivering our work. Our culture is one in which we support one another to achieve outcomes. We have no need for red tape, only a pragmatic approach to delivering software that fulfills the goals of the organization.
Our stack is currently a mix of Ruby on Rails, Go, Angular, MySQL, Docker, and a variety of supporting libraries and technologies.
- Align QA staff to best ensure overall quality of UserVoice applications and products
- Leading the team in defining and refining QA processes
- Proactively identifying weak areas of quality in our system and processes, and working toward continuous improvement balanced with overall team output
- A hands-on participant in manual testing, test script definition and execution, evaluating and implementing opportunities for QA automation
- Advocate for quality in all stages of feature development, not just post-implementation
- Testing of web-based SaaS applications that operate at scale, in an environment where code is deployed multiple times per day
- Definition of and improvement in processes aimed to increase overall quality, with metrics to track the success of different efforts
- Effective QA in an Agile environment, including the testing of partially complete systems
- Identifying, growing, and retaining QA talent
- QA at all stages of a feature’s lifetime, from ideation through design, implementation, and support
Working At UserVoice
In addition to a competitive salary, UserVoice provides its employees with:
- Paid medical and dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- A comfortable office with standing desks, drinks, snacks, video games, company outings, etc…
- A great work-life balance
UserVoice does not discriminate in its hiring. You be you, and we’ll help each other grow.
E-mail us a resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile. Also include a cover letter letting us know why you’d be a good fit for this particular position. Any other information that lets us learn about your skill would be helpful, like a GitHub link or Stack Overflow profile, but if you don’t have a strong public presence there, don’t let that stop you from applying. We look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates presented through recruiters will not be considered.
UserVoice is not able to sponsor visas at this time.