UserVoice is building its QA team, and is looking for technical QA expertise in Raleigh, NC. You’ll work with other QA team members and directly with product teams to assess and improve quality in our products from inception to production.
QA in an agile environment on a SaaS application presents some challenges that break from historical QA in IT. You’ll ideally see this as an opportunity to create innovative solutions, rather than a hurdle getting in the way of traditional corporate norms. “Throwing it over the wall to QA” is a model antithetical to UserVoice’s primary way of working.
Engineering At UserVoice
UserVoice is an agile engineering organization in which every member of the team works to find continuous improvement in delivering our work. Our culture is one in which we support one another to achieve outcomes. We have no need for red tape, only a pragmatic approach to delivering software that fulfills the goals of the organization.
Our stack is currently a mix of Ruby on Rails, Go, Angular, MySQL, Docker, and a variety of supporting libraries and technologies.
- Developing plans to test new and existing features
- Executing test plans and working with engineers to remediate problems
- Providing feedback to the entire team in areas where quality falls short, helping them to find better solutions
- Finding ways to lower the burden of regression testing in a continuous deployment environment
- Work with other members of the QA team to continually improve processes
- Testing of web-based SaaS applications that operate at scale, in an environment where code is deployed multiple times per day
- Effective QA in an Agile environment, including the testing of partially complete systems
- QA at all stages of a feature’s lifetime, from ideation through design, implementation, and support
- Using test automation technology (or a strong desire to learn with a programming background)
Working At UserVoice
In addition to a competitive salary, UserVoice provides its employees with:
-Paid medical and dental insurance -Paid Time Off -Equity -401k -A comfortable office with standing desks, drinks, snacks, video games, company outings, etc.. -A great work-life balance
UserVoice does not discriminate in its hiring. You be you, and we’ll help each other grow.
E-mail us a resume or a link to your LinkedIn profile. Also include a cover letter letting us know why you’d be a good fit for this particular position. Any other information that lets us learn about your skill would be helpful, like a GitHub link or Stack Overflow profile, but if you don’t have a strong public presence there, don’t let that stop you from applying. We look forward to hearing from you!
Candidates presented through recruiters will not be considered.
UserVoice is not able to sponsor visas at this time.