UserVoice is looking for the next great engineer to join our team in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are responsible for building and maintaining the best product feedback and product decision making tool in the world. On top of that, we’re fanatical about improving the process by which we deliver our product. You, like every engineer on the team, would have a substantial say in what we do and how we do it. Could you be the one to push us to the next level?
Ideally we’re looking for someone with a few years of professional software engineering under their belt. Although every engineer has areas where they’re stronger than others, we really value ones who are capable of implementing an entire feature from the database all the way up to a user interface. But if some of that makes you nervous - that’s OK… we have plenty of great people here with expertise who can level you up.
In a typical day, you will be working with our product and user experience teams to define, implement, test, deploy, measure, and improve all the features of our systems. So, if you’re the kind of person who rolls up their sleeves and is game for a good brainstorm, and doesn’t need to keep a death grip on code they’ve written, we should talk.
About our engineering discipline
- Our code is written primarily in Ruby on Rails, Go, and Angular. You should be able to code in one or more of these languages/frameworks.
- We test our code. Tests execute on every commit.
- Each of our engineers is welcome to deploy any of our code to production at any time, and we do that several times a day.
- We use JIRA, Slack, and GitHub to keep everyone on the same page and the ship headed in the right direction.
Working as an engineer at UserVoice
- We take care of you financially, of course, including paying your medical, dental, and vision premiums.
- While we’re a stable company that’s been around for nearly a decade, we offer equity as well - we want you to be personally invested in the success of the company.
- During the day, we work hard - but there’s no reason that it can’t be comfortable. We have a spacious new office outfitted with snacks, kombucha and beer on tap, video games and board games, standing desks, powerful computers, etc. There’s not much we won’t do to keep you productive.
- Your personal life is important to us too. We want people who are dedicated and work hard, but we aren’t going to burn you out in the process.
Does this sound like a place for you? Great! Tell us a bit about yourself and why you think you’re a good fit. Be sure to include a link to your Github profile if you have one.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.