UserVoice is looking for the next great engineer to join our team in Raleigh, North Carolina. We are responsible for building and maintaining the best product feedback and product decision making tool in the world. On top of that, we’re fanatical about improving the process by which we deliver our product. You, like every engineer on the team, would have a substantial say in what we do and how we do it. Could you be the one to push us to the next level?
In a typical day, you will be working with our product and user experience teams to define, implement, test, deploy, measure, and improve all the features of our systems. So, if you’re the kind of person who rolls up their sleeves and is game for a good brainstorm, and doesn’t need to keep a death grip on code they’ve written, we should talk.
About our engineering discipline
- Our front-end code is primarily built in Angular 1.6 today, but as with most SaaS providers, front-end code evolves relatively quickly. - You should have experience assessing the pros and cons of different frameworks, architectures, and approaches.
- We test our code. Tests execute on every commit.
- Each of our engineers is welcome to deploy any of our code to production at any time, and we do that several times a day.
- We use JIRA, Slack, and GitHub to keep everyone on the same page and the ship headed in the right direction.
Working as an engineer at UserVoice
- We take care of you financially, of course, including paying your medical, dental, and vision premiums.
- While we’re a stable company that’s been around for nearly a decade, we offer equity as well - we want you to be personally invested in the success of the company.
- During the day, we work hard - but there’s no reason that it can’t be comfortable. We have a spacious new office outfitted with snacks, kombucha and beer on tap, video games and board games, standing desks, powerful computers, etc. There’s not much we won’t do to keep you productive.
- Your personal life is important to us too. We want people who are dedicated and work hard, but we aren’t going to burn you out in the process.
Does this sound like a place for you? Great! Tell us a bit about yourself and why you think you’re a good fit. Be sure to include a link to your Github profile if you have one.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- A minimum of 3 years working on web-based applications, the busier the better
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the pros and cons of front end technologies
- Experience working in a fast-moving agile environment
- While this is not a design or UX position, you’re able to assess the complexity of proposed designs and offer feedback before implementation